Greenhouse film, also known as polyethylene greenhouse plastic or greenhouse poly film, is a type of plastic film specifically designed for use in greenhouse structures. It serves as a protective cover that creates an enclosed environment for plants, helping to regulate temperature, humidity, and light levels to create optimal growing conditions.
Greenhouse films are typically made from high-quality polyethylene (PE) material that is UV-stabilized to withstand prolonged exposure to sunlight without degrading. They are available in various thicknesses and configurations, such as clear, diffused, or colored films, to meet different greenhouse needs and growing conditions.
DURABILITY AND CROP QUALITY
PLAST UNO is able to adapt the films to the exact climatic conditions of diverse regions upon customer request. Supplementary features such as anti-thaw or anti-heat can be integrated as well. With the aid of special additives, the level of light penetration can also be controlled – increased, decreased or scattered.
- Increase the efficiency of light.
- Prevent frost damages.
- Ensure to provide early crops between 12 and 20 days.
- Gain temperature difference between 4°C ~ 5°C.
- Decrease heat loss during night and so prevent cooling.
- Prevent the plant to be burnt during hot and sunny weathers since it refracts the sunlight.
- Increase flexibility thanks to its EVA additive and so provides long-term endurance.
- Overcome the slowly growing-up problem which is caused by embowering of the close plants for each other.
Key features and benefits of Plast Uno’s Greenhouse Film
- Light Transmission: Greenhouse films are designed to allow optimal light transmission, providing the right amount and quality of sunlight for photosynthesis, plant growth, and development. Clear films allow maximum light penetration, while diffused films scatter light for more even distribution, reducing hot spots and shading effects.
- Temperature Regulation: Greenhouse films help to trap heat inside the greenhouse, creating a warmer environment for plants, especially during colder seasons or at night. They also provide insulation against cold winds and frost, helping to protect plants from temperature fluctuations and frost damage.
- UV Protection: Greenhouse films are typically UV-stabilized to resist degradation from prolonged exposure to sunlight. They protect plants from harmful UV rays that can cause sunburn, leaf damage, and reduced growth.
- Durability: Greenhouse films are designed to be durable and long-lasting, with resistance to tears, punctures, and environmental elements. They are also lightweight, easy to handle, and can be easily installed or replaced as needed.
- Customisation: Greenhouse films can be customized to meet specific growing requirements, such as different light transmission levels, diffused or clear films, and various thicknesses or configurations. This allows growers to tailor the film to their specific crops, climate, and growing conditions for optimal results.
- Cost-effective: Greenhouse films are a cost-effective option for greenhouse coverings compared to other materials such as glass or polycarbonate. They are more affordable, lightweight, and easy to install, making them a popular choice for many greenhouse growers.
- Versatility: Greenhouse films are suitable for a wide range of greenhouse applications, including commercial and hobby greenhouse structures, high tunnels, hoop houses, and more. They can be used for growing a variety of crops, including flowers, vegetables, herbs, and nursery plants.
- Energy-efficient: Some greenhouse films are designed with special thermal properties that can help to reduce energy consumption by trapping and conserving heat inside the greenhouse, reducing the need for additional heating or cooling equipment.
- Disease and Pest Control: Greenhouse films can act as a barrier against pests and diseases, helping to prevent the entry of harmful insects, birds, or other pests into the greenhouse, reducing the need for chemical pesticides and promoting healthier plant growth.
- Environmental-friendly: Greenhouse films made from polyethylene (PE) material are recyclable and environmentally-friendly, promoting sustainable practices in greenhouse agriculture.